Anticipated Vote on Bluemont Neighborhood Conservation Plan
In coordination with the Bluemont Civic Association (BCA), the Bluemont Neighborhood Conservation Plan (NCP) Drafting Group plans to propose at the April 24th BCA general membership meeting that Bluemont residents vote on a final Bluemont NCP at BCA’s May 22nd general membership meeting. A draft version of the proposed NCP is available for review above. The tab “Master NCP Draft 03 28 13” will take you to the basic NCP text. The tab “Master Combined Appendices 03 28 13” will take you to the draft NCP’s appendices, including an illustrated list of Bluemont infrastructure and traffic problems and a summary of the Bluemont-wide survey which underlies the NCP.
Bluemont residents may post their comments on the NCP here or send them to email@example.com. Commenters are strongly encouraged to leave specific suggested language revisions. (For best viewing results, you may have to upgrade your browser and/or Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
We look forward to your feedback.
Overview of the Bluemont NCP
Bluemont is currently updating its 1999 Neighborhood Conservation Plan to reflect the community’s concerns and needs. The Neighborhood Conservation program is a unique grassroots initiative that utilizes County bond funds for capital improvement projects in neighborhoods. The program ensures that neighborhood improvements are tailored to the needs of participating civic associations through extensive public outreach. Improvements include the installation of sidewalks, curbs, gutters, traffic management, park improvements, and other similar capital improvement projects.
To assist you in reviewing the new BCA NCP, posted below are pdf copies of : (1) BCA’s 1999 NCP, (2) the summary results of the 2010 survey of BCA residents, and (3) a complete listing of all narrative responses to the 2010 survey questions. (For best viewing results, you may have to upgrade your browser and/or Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- 1999 BCA Neighborhood Conservation Plan
- Summary of 2010 BCA Survey Results
- Question I-1: Bluemont Advantages PDF
- Question II-1: _Neighborhood Character PDF
- Question II-4: Impact of New Housing PDF
- Question III-2: Elements of Village Center PDF
- Question III-3: Desired Businesses PDF
- Question III-8:_ Businesses for Retention PDF
- Question IV-3: Placement of Utilities PDF
- Question IV-7: Methods to Control Traffic PDF
- Question IV-10: Parking Concerns PDF
- Question IV-12: Street and Traffic Concerns PDF
- Question VII: General Concerns PDF